Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Early to bed, blah blah blah

I did last night because I was so ill I couldn't stand myself. Woke up at 6 and lounged around till after 7. Ran my ass off the minute I walked in the door until 8:30 when they dragged me to a meeting, that lasted all fucking day.
Got to The Dive and had a beer, Annie is calling about the network, head back, she calls, it healed itself so I don't have to come back, just be there early tomorrow. Have something else to do in the morning anyway, so yes, I'll be there. Looks like an early night for me again.

At The Dive, reading, stranger came over and gave me a beer chip. His words after sitting with the people at the table not far from me "Hi, I'm SoandSo, and I have this chip but these people are rude and I don't want to give it to any of them so will you take it?" I introduced myself, said thank you, and have a free beer in my future so ok.
A shot showed up in front of me later, apparently courtesy of a friend I can't seem to find a name for, so we'll call him Mr. Cool. He's always that. He was messing with me and his wife apparently told him to quit poking the bear, he's all "I can take you". Yes, he could, but we get along just fine so I see no reason for all that. Just told him "Yes, you can, I'm tired, not pissed off at you and not drunk. I'd rather not try out pissed off, drunk and ready to kick you in the balls." We'd probably both end up in the hospital.
I'm over the overwhelming pity party I was having, I'm just tired, depressed, and gonna work myself to death because drinking myself to death isn't nearly as pretty or productive.
Mom sees the new Dr. tomorrow and we'll see what kind of Chemo she has to have and all that. I told Babysis I'd call after work since I can't be there and I don't want to hear bad news there since I have no drugs and no control over my emotions these days. Don't wanna look all pretty with snot running down my face.
All in all, it was a weird day, still trying to get used to my new spot and still need to move some stuff, or at least pack it up so someone else can move it for me. Maybe Thursday since I'm meeting all day again tomorrow.
Off to check in with Lucy and put my ass in bed.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

one thing i learned about drinking is the problems are still there in the am, but you feel like shit..