Monday, May 23, 2011

Still Here, It's Just Been Busy

I can't even remember most of what's gone on so let's just do the weekend. Spawn graduated from Pre-K and of course I had to attend. Me, small children, hot-as-hell church? Recipe for disaster. Add the hangover I was experiencing and it had all the makings of a Rapture (heh). I behaved, it was actually very nice, but I was also at the mercy of Babysis and The Parentals since I didn't drive myself to the venue. I did maintain until everything was all done, there was much food, and seeing the tornado damage on the way to Mom's house, and how close it actually was, scared the shit out of me. They're way lucky.

Sunday was fishing with Dad. I've been trying to get down there for weeks but stuff and weather kept messing me up. Annie and I finally made it and we caught a shitload of fish in only 2 stops. It started thundering so Dad took us home, which was ok, we kept over 50 bream, who knows how many we threw back. They caught a few catfish too (I didn't get one, but I got the biggest bream, so there) the only keeper in that bunch laughed at Dad as he got to the boat and spit out the hook. I haven't seen too much of Dad lately, so that's always good, and I usually drag a bunch of people with me these days, so it was nice to just be almost us. He was flirting with Annie and apparently asking her to take a trip with him when I wasn't around, but that's ok too. He could do worse.

Boss is still something that rhymes with his name, but I've found my balls again so I'm not going to get all upset. Fuck him. I don't have time for his Napoleonic Complex, and if worse comes to worse, he's almost the right height to just kiss my ass.

Going to check in with Lucy since she's been stuck at home lately for one reason or another, and probably put my ass in bed because I'm tired. I've been too busy and trying to keep late hours and early mornings on top of that lately. I think I need to re-charge. Night kids.

No comments: