I was looking at ads, figuring out the grocery shopping and whole chickens are 59 cents a lb. For some reason that triggered a memory. As a kid I never knew you could buy chicken in parts. Mom always bought the whole one and we cut it up, and that was dinner that night.
I used to be a much better cook, when I was 12 lol because I cooked a lot. Mom worked so I was in charge of dinner most nights. During the summer I also did breakfast and lunch. We had pancakes a lot because they were easy, so I thought, back then I made them from scratch instead of from a mix, and obviously they were edible. We had eggs a lot for awhile because I'd seen someone crack one one-handed, so I had to learn how. I still do them that way.
Ok, funny shit to me, lots of memories in that cooking that I haven't thought about in years. I'll have to tell Mom about it. She'll get a kick out of some of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment