Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Good, Bad, and The Weird

The good. Annie talked me into The Dive Friday night and The Assholes showed up. We threw a whole 3 games of darts and had a good time. I didn't hurt until Saturday, Sunday and today. Still, it's progress so I'm down with that.
The bad, besides my typing because I really need to cut my nails again. I found out someone I know passed away Saturday. I was thinking she was older than me, but nope, just had a harder life I guess. I've known her for years casually since her husband is a bartender/  manager. We hung out with a lot of the same people through the years. She was usually the one we made fun of because she was always too drunk to function.
Then I went to work at HellMart and she was there. She was always pleasant, professional and very cool. I revised my opinion, but never told her, or anyone about what I thought before.
I don't know what happened for sure, someone said she'd been sick. My opinion is she drank herself to death after HellMart fired her not long after she came back from medical leave. That thought hurts my heart, and I wish I'd told her how much I did appreciate her when I had the chance. She was a good woman with a horrible problem (I say as I sit here drinking another beer and shot of tequila).
I guess the weird is how much her death has bothered me. Hell, I cry at TV sometimes, but don't get all torn up about real people enough. I want to go to visitation at least, but it's way out there and I don't drive very far, and don't really have gas money, and I'm making excuses. So I may or may not.
Anyway, that's pretty much that for today. Our regularly scheduled "My Psychotic Ass" will return soon. Later kids.

No comments: