Hello again world,
Here I am........ again...almost as drunk as when I started this shit. The family behaved themselves quite nicely today. My grandmother looked beautiful (other than 100 lbs lighter than her heyday) I always aspired to grow up to be a short round woman.
I forgot one of my cousins is a preacher, he did the service, and overall it was good. He reminded me of something I'd forgotten about being at Mamaw's house. I did thank him later for that.
It seems Methodists like to save your soul while you're at a funeral, Baptists don't give a damn, you're all going to hell but them. That part was entertaining for me ( yes, I know I'm going to hell, but I'll just be a coal shoveller, leave me alone).
I got many compliments on roomie's clothes, apparently I clean up pretty well.
This kills Lucy's idea of putting me in hooker clothes for Halloween, apparently I CAN look girly if I have to and get away with it.HA HA HA
Ok, as long as you know I'm drunk.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I grew up Methodist and they never cared as much for saving a soul as they cared for how much you put in the collection plate.
(I was previously anonymous but I broke down and put my blog back up)
HA! Yep, funny how religion and money seem to go together isn't it? And nice to meet you again, I read a couple of entries at your place and liked much. I'll catch up when I get this freakin inventory finished.
Hmm, interesting, I've never been to a Methodist funeral. I was raised Southern Baptist and they are especially interested in saving souls at funerals. I've never been to a funeral preached by a SB preacher where he didn't prolong the ordeal entirely too long.
It really pisses me off too. Taking advantage of a situation like that.
I have told Miss A, no preachers at my funeral. I won't subject my family to that kind of crap.
Post a Comment