Monday, September 11, 2006

Night shift

So it's the last week of my almost 5 month stint working nights. I'll miss parts of it, like staying up half the night since I am a night person by nature, but I won't miss the job. I'm just a glorified babysitter at the moment, watching the machines do their thing.....Boring.
So starting next week I'll be much less pleasant, I don't do mornings very well. Also I get to go back to the daily stress of being the only IT in the place, which isn't that much different from the last few months since my semi-replacement wasn't worth a shit. (Sorry roomie, but face it, you couldn't do shit without calling me and I had to come in anyway to help you fix whatever so...) But at least I'll be back on a regular schedule instead of whenever I wanted to come in, or had to come in.
The other thing is my buddy told me today she's quitting, so besides missing her, I'll have to worry about my own lunch, somebody will have to take over the office football pools, and I won't have anyone to smoke with. Shit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your work break room in your profile photo? It's got all the best amenities, huh?

Rainwolf said...

Yep, I DO live in Alabama hon. Good thing I don't have anyone to smoke with anymore, that seat got a bit crowded with both of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm psyching myself up to try to quit smoking...again.

Rainwolf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rainwolf said...

Then I'll not tempt you with a job offer, or the fabulous throne. I hope you're successful at quitting.