Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bad Habits

So smoking has come up, since you can plainly see my smoking accomodations in my profile pic. Yes, alas, I'm a smoker. I'm also quite the lush and potty mouth. "What hope is there for such a vile, inconsiderate person?" you ask. Not much sister.
I'm also a recovering Southern Baptist.....I figure they hate me more than I dislike them so I'm winning that one.
My doctor (and mother, and a host of other people) say I'm killing myself with my bad habits. My response is "Death is inevitable, I'm just in the express lane". Never fails to piss them off.

The reason for all this bile? I'm not sure. I guess I'm tired of all the really bad things happening in the world that noone really pays attention to anymore. But let me light a cigarette in a restaurant............whoooeeee, watch the cops come outta the woodwork.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're second rate citizens you know. i haven't quit yet but i've bought nicoderm patches. mostly, i'm quitting to get my mom off my back about it too. well, that and i have a fear of getting throat cancer and having to talk through one of those little boxes.

Rainwolf said...

Yep, everyone is a tree hugging hippie..........oh wait, I'm one of them, I just smoke.

Syd said...

Hey there, Rain. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I always like to check out my readers, it seems only fair since you guys know so much dirt on me.

Thanks for linking to me! I'm going to be moving my blog, hopefully this weekend and I'll have my links back up. Will return the favor and link to you.

anon, we have a customer that talks through one of those boxes. I have to threaten my sister to behave EVERY TIME he comes in. She's dying to have him say "Luke...I am your faaaather."

Rainwolf said...

Not sure on the etiquette here, should I post on mine or yours? geeeeze

Syd, you are my heroine, I aspire to be like you, that's why you're linked, when I fail to amuse..........there you are


and no, I'm not really an asskisser.

Syd said...

Well... that's something I've never been called. And I've been called a LOT of things, LOL.

Thanks, my friend.