Tuesday, October 10, 2006
The Bank
I went to the bank today. No biggie, happens every week or so. Drive thru, little camera lets them see me, I see them for a few seconds. Young guy shows up "I'll have this right out Mr. Wolf." I'm just thinking geeeze, and I'm not even wearing a ballcap, that's usually when I get called Mister. A few minutes (hours) later, same guy is back on the little screen, "I'm so sorry MISS Wolf, you have a nice day Ma'am." I was more offended at being called "Ma'am" than I was at "Mister." Damn kids anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It makes me feel old to be a ma'am but I've found that here in TX it's considered good manners and even the people my own age call me ma'am. Don't take it to heart! Some of the kids on my Grandson's football team call me Miss Jenny. I haven't been a Miss in 30 years! haha
umm, that was me. I was messing around with the profile last night and I forgot to change it back.
I know,it's considered good manners in AL too, and I'm also guilty of doing it. It's just hard to see myself as a ma'am when I feel 16 inside. Well, except for the aches and pains, sore joints, ahhh hell.....I'm old.
Post a Comment