Today is my sister's 38th birthday. Well, would have been. She died in a car accident at 20.
She was just like Mom. Quiet but not like me. She never met a stranger. I'm the stranger your parents warned you about. M was the middle child, I'm the oldest and B is the youngest, she just turned 32. 3 different girls you'd never meet. I was shy, bookish and a bit dark (ok, still am) M was quiet, but not shy, friendly after the initial meeting, friend for life after that if you weren't a total flake. B is and always has been the spoiled brat with the big mouth. She's the true social butterfly.
B had a baby boy 4 months ago, my first nephew. Hopefully he'll keep me and the rest of the family from going thru our usual holiday depression. I hate Christmas, I don't think that'll change, but maybe it won't be so bad.
Sorry, I'll try to get off the gloom train soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh Rainwolf, I'm so sorry about your sister. Don't apologize for being sad and missing her.
I'm the oldest too. I wonder if shy, bookish and dark are all attributes of oldest children. I read a book once about birth order but I can't remember what it said except that we're often perfectionists and mediators.
Thanks hon.
I read something about that online and can't remember what it said either.
I did have a conversation with a friend's cousin last weekend, we decided the youngest child is always a loud talker. Must be cuz they have to be heard dammit.
I lost my younger brother 6 yrs ago. I know what you are feeling, you needn't apologize. I'm so damn sorry.
Feel free to email me if you want to talk/bitch/cry... you won't have to explain yourself to me, darlin. Any time.
Much love-
Post a Comment