I'll try to shorten the very long story.
Mom went to see Stepmom Friday morning before work. Mom calls and tells me Stepmom is gonna die if they don't do something. I wait to hear from Dad, nothing. I call him about 7:30 Friday night and he's telling me she's awesome, she's alert, things are happening that need to be happening and we're moving towards getting better.
I get there today, Stepmom looks like shit, but is more alert than she was Wednesday, and get the conversation from Dad that even the Dr. thought she was gonna die yesterday. WHY DIDN'T HE CALL ME? His answer "There was nothing you could do."
We'll fight about that one some more later, but at the moment Stepmom is doing really better (instead of Dad's version of "better") I'll be back this week because I obviously can't trust my network to keep me in touch.
Thank you to all of you who sent a prayer or thought this way, it's helped and I appreciate it immensely.
I'm off to smoke with The Handsome Devil because his farts just burned my nose, and take Lucy to bed because she's running on empty also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Perhaps you have someone else that could update you on her condition?
My mother does the same thing all the time. I finally cut a deal with one of my sister-in-laws to call me when the shit hits the fan.
The Grandson and I will keep each other up to date now that we know what's up. Dad didn't call him either and he was pretty torn up about it too.
Post a Comment