Mom called today, to check on Dad's procedure from last week because I apparently told her about it, and informed me The Grandson didn't know until afterwards. OOOps.
My bad, I need to call him more often.
Lucy and I were talking about the grapevine, she finds it fascinating that everyone knows everyone else's business. Armpit is a small town, they have nothing better to do than monitor everyone else.
We laughed about Mom calling me, but the sad thing is if Mom hadn't accidentally found out about StepMom being in the hospital, Dad wouldn't have called to tell me.
He would have called when she died, but I wouldn't have had what little time I did have with her while she was alive.
Sometimes things work like they should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, we have the grapevine where I'm from too. I finally cut a deal with the sister-in-law to make sure to call me when she heard something because my mother failed to call me after my best friend's grandparents both died within days of one another.
I didn't know until about six weeks after their funerals. I was horrified. I mean, the man married me and my ex-hubs, not to mention he was practically family.
So, it indeed comes with the good and the bad side.
I'm glad you have sister in law.
Someone has to keep us up to speed.
Post a Comment