I see you would have been 40 today. I'm sorry we missed that party, I would have loved decorating your place and giving you shit. I'm sorry I won't have that opportunity.
I'll be around to see you Sunday, but you see me already so I'm sure we're good.
Lucy asked me about you earlier since she never got to meet you. I told her you were just like Mom, I hope you don't mind that, but you were. Ya'll loved yardsales and fleamarkets and bullshit that I never cared about, and Babysis doesn't really care about. You were also the caregiver, the stable one. Maybe that comes with being a middle child, I don't know.
You dragged me to places I wouldn't usually go, and got onto me for being "Uppity" because those weren't places I'd usually go, but we had fun doing it.
I miss being children together, dancing to American Bandstand in the livingroom, we had some awesome moves back in the day.
Between you and me, Babysis turned out alright. She's a great mom, not really a great cook, but she's ok.
I love you and miss you beyond belief.
Happy Birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
touched my heart.
I love you!
Hi granny
I love you too anon.
Is a hug appropriate? (())
Thanks DF
Post a Comment