Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yes, I can read

I just don't do a lot of it anymore. Last night I picked up one of Annie's books to read at The Dive since it was Monday, nobody comes out on Monday. Ok, Mr. B. comes out on Monday, I kicked his ass and came home where I read til 1am because I was hooked.
Tonight, I came home, after getting raped at the grocery store........shit to make hamburgers and a couple of other things $43??? No booze or anything, assholes.
Anyway, grilled burgers, ironed a couple of shirts, just finished the book, and it just pissed me off. I hate it when that happens.
It's like spending time with a lover only to find out they suck (and not in a good way.)
I invested all these hours into something I thought would be awesome, letdown. Dammit.
This is the book. I'm sorry if you enjoyed it, I've wasted sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first book to really piss me off was Tommyknockers by Stephen King. The second was Cell, also by Stephen King. Great books but he gives you a harsh 'finger' at the end of those two.

Anonymous said...

I'll avoid it. But since my reading list presently is numbering around 130 books I doubt it's a real and present danger. The last book to get me like that was Great Expectations. Pah.

Rainwolf said...

I haven't read Cell, but Tommyknockers did the same thing to me no. Mom gave it to me for X-mess, so I spent the afternoon and night reading it, then threw it across the room. I think that was the first time I ever abused a book.

Hello DF, nice to see ya. I never finished that one, it and David Copperfield both just chapped my ass right off the bat.