Monday, December 10, 2007

Different kinda day

I threw darts after work and lost my ass, nothing new. I came home to pork roast, taters and carrots courtesy of Lucy. She's a cooking fool. It was all wonderful.

E-mail from Dad telling me an uncle had passed. It's unusual in lots of ways, but I think I figured it out, Dad only tells me about people I was close to, or spent time with growing up. Great aunts? Nah. This guy was married to Dad's sister who looked like Mrs. Claus. Dad was close to her, hell everyone was, when she died they quit having dinners together because Mamaw was too senile to realize shit, and most of them don't like each other anyway. Yes, it's a seriously dysfunctional family.
I called Mom because she would want to know. She and Mrs. Claus were friends all these years, Mrs. Claus's death was the only time my mom went to a visitation involving Dad's family.

I went out to smoke and police were all over the place across the street, I still dunno, but I went out later and lots of other people were there with 1 cop car, apparently the breakup of a few weeks ago didn't go too well.
Hopefully I won't get shot just going out for a smoke, geeze.

I need to put on my "responsible pants" as someone said earlier because I need to go to work early all week, wish me luck.
Later kids, ya'll have a good night.

3 comments:

Spin_Doc1 said...

I have to wear my responsible pants all week.

SassyFemme said...

If I wear my irresponsible pants does that mean I get to play at work?

Rainwolf said...

I'm sorry spin.

Yes, Sassy it does.
I screwed up and put those on this morning, I was an hour late rather than an hour early.