Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stuff and more stuff

Lucy went with me to Armpit so she could spend quality time with The Spawn while Mom and I went to the funeral home. I was shocked Mom actually went, but it was good. Dad's bunch behaved themselves, I left Mom for a minute to go find Dad since I'd already seen step-mom and came back to Mom chatting with an aunt and stepmom. It was cool, they both gave me shit about missing Thanksgiving just because they could, they were ok with my reason for not being there.
The shocking part of the evening was Mom telling me when we went to the house when my aunt died, one of my cousins apparently thought she was my "lady friend." I have no idea how I missed that, but this cousin was newly out at the time so it's fucking funny he thought that. She made sure she told him who she was tonight.
I was ready to go, thinking Mom would be too, we had seen the kids and all that, but she wanted to visit.......can't take her anywhere.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

funerals in our family are usually a prelude to WWIII, someone will remind someone of some past sin and then the fight is on..I love it..

Rainwolf said...

I'd like to visit for that. I was let down that didn't happen last night.

Anonymous said...

I knew you like the lder ladies but that is too funny. Say hi to your mom next time you talk to her