It amazes me. Women are strange. (Yes, I know everyone already knows that, but it's so different in each instance I just don't understand.) Maybe it's the more we learn the stupider we get, I dunno.
I'm talking specifically about our little group. The Widow, Ms. Fan, Ms. Sweet, Annie, Lucy and I.
Ms. Fan has a boyfriend who lives in another state, he visits, he doesn't want to meet any of us, fine.
Ms. Sweet doesn't have anyone in her life, but she has other activities to keep her busy.
The Widow has Boytoy, and that's moving too fast for the rest of us.
Annie can't decide which side of the fence she's on (and that's ok.)
Lucy and I just are.
Our dynamics have changed a whole lot over the last year or so. Ms. Sweet is sniping at Ms. Fan, and the other way around. None of us are happy with what's going on with The Widow and Boytoy because he doesn't want her to hang out with us.
We still see each other and everything is cool, but there's the undercurrent of things not right where everything once was JUST right. Know what I mean?
It was great that we, as a group, could just hang out and all was cool. Now there's drama here or there, and it's not cool anymore. I'm explaining it badly, but there it is.
Is this normal? Did I miss "Understanding Women and Relationships 101?"
Yes, I've been out drinking with The Widow and Boytoy this afternoon. Things aren't like they used to be, and I miss that. Help me out Purse People.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Would be nice if we could find the perfect time and freeze it for a while. The perfect date, or evening with friends and be able to re-live it. Life on life's terms can be a bear.
It's amazing to me how similar people are. You know, I married a man once( I was young) and I've been married to a very butch woman for 21 years and still I find it amazing how confused y'all get. Girlfriend, there are no secrets. None at all. Just learn to roll with it. We are just like you! Purse people indeed!
Exactly Anon.
Sorry Geri. I didn't realize how much of a guy I am sometimes. Lucy just sorted me out.
I've never had "girlfriends" before so I didn't realize drama is normal.
Drama is myspace girlfriends and if you blink wrong your suddenly moved from number 4 space to 8 and you don't have a clue as to why. So then you move her from your number 3 to 9 and then watch sparks fly...There is no rhythm or reason girls are just bitchy and I am their queen. :)
Thanks McRaven, I've never understood that.
Post a Comment