Monday, October 15, 2007

Party recap

1st mistake- Inviting The Princess. He said he'd show, we offered to pick up his steak since this was supposed to be a "bring your own steak" party. See mistake #3 for that.
2nd mistake- Letting Lucy purchase the steaks. They were beautiful ribeyes, we just ended up with a quarter of a cow each.
3rd mistake- Not checking with The Widow before we left the house because Boytoy bought every bratwurst, hotdog, porkchop and hamburger within a 5 mile radius. (Not that it mattered, our steaks were seasoned and waiting Saturday, I'm good like that).
4th mistake- Attempting to dance after eating almost a quarter of Bessie along with sides. I've got a bit of a hitch in my getalong.
Everything else was great. Of course we ran into a bartender who asked about The Princess because he'd been at her place all day Saturday, she wanted to know if he got home. We didn't know because we didn't see him Saturday night and our calls were not returned Sunday. (Inconsiderate Fucker) He did send a text today with an lame excuse acceptable reason for his absence, so I'll cut him some slack.
I came home and cooked his steak and had part of it for dinner because I sure as hell wasn't gonna let it go to waste. The rest will be steak sandwiches.
The Widow knows how to throw a party. The band was great, mostly 60's and 70's stuff, some Prince, a few other things. The Widow danced the whole night I think. I hate love her.
We saw people we don't see often enough, met some new folks and overall had a blast. Lucy kept bugging me for a dance (even tho she can barely walk) until she got it so she was happy.
Highlights of my evening were walking into the kitchen to see Boytoy and The Widow swapping slobber. I said "EWWWW" and kept going. Later I caught Boytoy in the bathroom, thankfully he had zipped. (Dumbass, other people know about the 2nd bathroom, shut the door.) I don't know why it's always me that gets to see these things, my karma must be fucked.
Annie and I did a bit of cleaning up and furniture moving (since everything was outside) and left before the poker games really got started. Lucy didn't want to play, I refuse to play, and Annie plays, but badly, so we needed to get home.
Annie and I were still late to work just because she e-mailed the vacationing boss last week to tell her we probably would be. Lucy didn't have to leave until 8:30 so I hung out with her for a bit before going in.
Hope everyone else had fun this weekend, I have 2 more weekends of Lucy before she gets new knees and goes awol for awhile so we'll see what I can get into between now and then.
Later kids.

8 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Y'all always have the best parties!

The ones I go to suck! :(

Rainwolf said...

I'll let you know when there's another. You're more than welcome to come up here to dance :)

yellowdoggranny said...

i got one of those forman type grills...but it's for steaks..and did a steak for this past weekend..by Goddess...it was wonderful...now if i could have had a big ole baked potato with it..sigh*

Geri said...

a little hitch in your getalong???
curious yankee

SassyFemme said...

Man that sounds like a lot of meat!

Rainwolf said...

Granny, Love my foreman grill, I need the bigger version. I didn't have a baked tater either if that makes you feel better.
Geri, welcome. Southern speak for "I think I pulled something cuz I can't quite move right." Does that help? I've had a bit of a catch in my back.
Yep, Lucy goes all out damn her. Annie just got a side order of steak with her eggs and toast just because.

Geri said...

LOLOL it does help! Thank you for the welcome,I've been a secret lurker here for a LOOOOOOOng time!
Geri

Rainwolf said...

Then welcome again Geri, I wondered who read this shit besides me :)