Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I need a drink....

and yes, I realize it's not even 10 am. My morning so far,
Up at 6 to feed and medicate The Handsome Devil and clean his ear.
Shower, dress for work, feed and water outside monsters.
Sweep floors and straighten up living room.
Clean up few dishes from last night.
Make sure Lucy has everything within reach.
Take out trash and put neighbor's dog back in fence (NOT dog from last night.)
Grab lunch and off we go.
Got to work at 7:15, can't figure out what the hell woman was talking about with her computer. She has no e-mail so how can it be saying she has messages?
Install drivers for a scanner on someone else's machine, 3rd try that finally works.
Idiot #1 has been using a laptop for 2 yrs, she suddenly inherited a 17" monitor to connect to it but wants something bigger. Informed her nicely that she's Shit Outta Luck.
8:00 and 2 cups of coffee later, text from Lucy, her blood sugar is crazy high.
Take pill and call me if it doesn't come down.
Annie calls wanting me to look online for kidnapping in Ca, grandfather is old friend of her sister. This is a 4 call conversation.
Idiot #2 can't go somewhere online, hunt down person who put the block on so I can remove it from UPS, fix that.
Mom calls. We'll just say it was a slightly stressful call.
Run to pharmacy to get blood pressure pills because I forgot script yesterday and I'm feeling the need for drugs.
Call from Annie, she's tired and stressed out and ready to come home. I'm ready for her to come home so she'll quit fucking calling me every 10 minutes.
Lucy still hasn't re-checked her sugar, sigh.....it's gonna be a long day.

5 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

But just think, 2 more days until you can be around ALL OF THEM!!!

Rainwolf said...

Thanks man, I'll be sure to blame you for the liquid lunch I'll be having.

Big Pissy said...

hope you've survived the day. ;-)

Rainwolf said...

Thanks, I made it.....barely.

Ranni said...

Maybe she has messenger. THe kids get those 'you have so many messages' on the windows log in screen and it's coming from windows messenger, I think.