Monday, May 31, 2010

A Do-Over

I friend wrote a post recently that hit something in me. Would you do it again? Her answer was yes more or less. It would be nice to know the consequences of my choices back then, but like she said, there would have been different problems and different consequences with other choices.
I think we all have our own path, we make the choices we do for whatever reason and have to live with them, but given another chance I don't know how much I'd change.

I'd rather have Middle Sis still with us, but her death changed us all so much I don't know that we'd be the same people if she'd lived. I became a much better person after that loss, but I hate it took that to do it. I don't think Babysis and I would be as close, and as much as Mom says it tore us all apart, in the end it actually brought us closer together.

In hindsight, I'd love to change a lot of things, but that would lead me down a different path and who knows what lions and tigers and bears are waiting down that one? Kinda puts my recent pity party in a new perspective. I think I'll be ok now.
Thanks YM.

4 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Will be responding in email if thats ok. Me

YM said...

Hugs, Miss Rain. I guess it's the nature and bane of the human mind to wonder what might have been. In one way it can keep us moving forward, but sometimes we're stuck on looking back.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm old school..everything i did made me who i am to day..it was hard and rocky..but i actually like me now..so ...wouldn't change it

Rainwolf said...

Fine with me Brooklyn.

Yeah, I know. I don't think I'd trade who I am for who I "coulda been" but hey, I'll get a do-over as a pig in my next life:)

Doesn't surprise me granny, "Raising a glass of Dublin Dr. Pepper to you", in thought anyway. We don't get the good shit.