Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today was Suck wrapped in Suck

Did get to work early, and it was good since I was busy. All day, and I'm in trouble with the bosses because of something I should have done that hasn't gotten done because I'm busy and OH SHIT. Head Boss' computer crashes.
He sent me off to get it fixed, places were done, closed, sorry. I get back to work with that bad news (he needed it back to go home tomorrow, wasn't gonna happen anyway, but I was happy to run away for an hour) and have an e-mail.

I know I said I don't have any friends, but he was one. I do realize he was also 90 and still golfed until about a year ago, but still. Dammit. It broke my heart to hear he was gone.
In his 60's, when I met him, he'd tell us stories about his life and we'd make jokes about him riding a running board with his gat when he was in Jersey dating the Mafia Boss' daughter. He cussed like a sailor on a regular basis, and cut a dashing figure for a short man. Always had a hug, a shoulder, or a fuck you if you needed it. Dammit.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

in my heart your friend is sitting at the big table with the Goddess. at her right hand..swilling mead and telling her stories so funny she is holding her belly from laughing...sorry for your loss

Rainwolf said...

I think you're probably right Granny, he could spin a tale. Thanks.

YM said...

He sounds like he was a great character. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.