Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I was a good girl yesterday

I came home from work and stayed home. I had to buy the Jeep water wings since it was so nasty, I had beer and smokes, Annie was going to the gym, so I stayed in and re-read Breaking Dawn since I flew thru it the first time. Actually caught a few things I missed first time around. All was cool till 1am when I decided I'd have one more beer, read another chapter or two and go to bed.
I got to the kitchen and the Rat King was sitting on my counter. I screamed like a girl but he was the only one who heard me. (The Handsome Devil was 20 feet away, snoring, Annie was in bed a bit further away probably doing the same thing, so I know who not to count on in an emergency.) The silverware drawer was partially open, guess where the fucker went? Yeah, apparently where he came from in the first place, it's right next to the dishwasher.
I'll save you details, but I threw the drawer into the sink, armed with my trusty whiskbroom which was the only thing close at hand. Thankfully no rat. I was a whirlwind of activity for a bit and then came back to read, watching my back the entire time. I was too skeeved out to go to bed so I finished the book and hit the couch fully clothed at 3 thinking SOMEONE would wake me up early this morning since they both had an early night. Didn't happen but at least I made it to work on time.
Part 2 tomorrow.

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

OMG!

Did you say "RAT"?!?!?

I'd have to move.....

YM said...

Keep the dogs away from the poison! We had mice once and I thought I had it safely out of harm's way and our little dog found it anyway. We almost lost her.

Anonymous said...

Gimme a call, luv.