Obviously, I stayed out way too late with my forum friend...I'll let her tell you about it since she did such a great job describing it earlier.
A local bar will never be the same after two members of a group called "[insert forum name here]" met in person within its walls.
Other patrons of the establishment looked on in astonishment as regular patron Rainwolf's happy evening occupation of dart-throwing was interrupted, never to be resumed. A woman dressed in something she kept referring to as "garb" slammed her way through the front door and captured RW's attention and beer money.
Witnesses were unsure as to what "garb" is, but Joe Schmoe stated "This lady looked like a cross between one-a them longhair hippie wimmin and somethin outta that Med-Evil-Times dinner place, you know, that one with the turkey legs and jousting and wenches. She had on the funniest lookin belt I ever seed in my life - it had jingly stuff on it, ribbons, a thing a knife is sposed to go in, and even a purse. Thing reached to her knees inna front. I heerd her say she wuz from Tenn-uh-see, but she had one-a them Yankee surfer accents. Kept sayin "dude" and I heard "sweet" a few times. I think it was some kinda code. And what in tarnation is a "Barchetta"? "
Ms. Wolf was observed buying a rarely-seen libation for the stranger: O'Douls'. Thankfully, the waitress reported, she was not diverted from her usual Miller Light.
The two women discussed many topics: mothers, their romantic interests (Brandy Snifter, seated at the next table, opined that "the Barchetta lady oughta dump that not-so-good ol' boy, like'n her friend kinda sorta said without sayin it outright."), jewelry, photography, SCA "war stories", beer, NASCAR, morbidity, gore, and a host of other subjects.
The evening was capped off by the two friends posing for a photograph and hugging goodbye as they discussed possible future meetings.
I actually had a great time and didn't want to leave, but work had to be done today.
Ms. Barchetta, should you happen to read this, thank you for a lovely evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sound like a lot of fun. Glad you sucked it up and went :)
You're so supportive :)
damn...and I missed it...
I'm sorry Granny, I didn't expect her actually, but would have invited you if I'd known.
Post a Comment