Tequila shortage?
MEXICO CITY - Mexican farmers are setting ablaze fields of blue agave, the cactus-like plant used to make the fiery spirit tequila, and resowing the land with corn as soaring U.S. ethanol demand pushes up prices.
Damn us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So we have ethanol (10% I think) here and I know of a few other midwestern states that do. Can you get it at your pumps yet? And the 15% blend....is it being widely offered yet? The corn farmers around here are having record years in terms of crops and many are buying more land just to plant more corn. I'm seeing less soybean fields around here yet more biodiesel plants are in the works.
I get so confused hearing about such high demand for corn/ethanol yet it seems so many people don't have it offered yet. Maybe I'm just in the wrong circle...
I haven't seen it, but I usually buy mine at a wavaho that's 100 yrs old. Still cheaper than everyone else tho.
Post a Comment